Before the Smoke
KOLUMBUS CIGARS are each unique and exclusive premium cigars completely handmade in La Palma. Each cigar is made of carefully selected leaves, long filler of 100% natural palmero tobacco, aged in Spanish cedar cellars and coated with Connecticut leaves, all with the utmost care. Its aroma and flavor, its strength and the way it burns make KOLUMBUS one of the best handmade cigars in the world.
The Cold Draw: The cold draw brought notes of cedar and a sweet oak-like taste to the palate.
The first few draws had a very small hint of spice followed by a very deep hardwood cedar-like taste. After a view draws–closer to the 2nd 3rd, the spice seemed to subside and a hint of sweet nutmeg lingered.
The second third was when the flavor truly kicked in! Each draw started with deep wood or cedar notes followed by a strong and SUPER CREAMY bouquet of vanilla, nutmeg and rosemary. I had to put the cigar down for a few minutes and enjoyed the fact that when I picked it back up, I didn’t have to re-light it!
**DISCLAIMER** When I smoked this cigar, it was 93 degrees outside with a 72% relative humidity–it was HOT outside! The uneven burn was more than likely due to the high humidity outside. I do not believe the uneven burn had anything to do with the composition of the cigar. I will say, the 2 previously Kolumbus cigars I’ve smoked had no issues with an uneven burn.
The final third was super enjoyable! The sweet vanilla and rosemary made a strong presence on the palate. The retrohale was fascinating. The vanilla and rosemary left a strong ” vanilla cake-like” taste on the tongue…. Or maybe my inner fat kid was trying to tell me something. Either way, it was very pleasing. ?
- This cigar is extremely delicious. As a matter of fact, all of the Kolumbus cigars were a treat! They really know how to make a quality cigar.
- If you are a fan of long ashes, this cigar is for you, my friend!
- The cigar had a very smooth and loose draw through and through.
- Amidst the humidity and heat, I didn’t have to retouch or re-light the cigar—not even once! That is crazy impressive to me. As mentioned previously, I had to sit the cigar down for a few minutes. When I came back to it, I didn’t have to re-light it.
- If you are looking for a great quality cigar for a friend or special occasion, I HIGHLY recommend this one!